Understanding Cancer, About Cancer,defense cancer,nutrition,excercise,risk,tips to take care yourself.

COMMON CANCER TYPES

Posted by Author On Month - Day - Year

Cancer is a group of many related diseases that begin in cells, the body's basic unit of life. Normally, cells grow and divide to produce more cells only when the body needs them. Sometimes, however, cells become abnormal and keep dividing to form more cells without control or order, creating a mass of excess tissue called a tumor.

cancer cell

HOW IS CANCER DIAGNOSED?

Posted by Author On Month - Day - Year

How Is Cancer Diagnosed? The earlier cancer is diagnosed and treated, the better the chance of its being cured. Some types of cancer -- such as those of the skin, breast, mouth, testicles, prostate, and rectum -- may be detected by routine self-examination or other screening measures before the symptoms become serious. Most cases of cancer are detected and diagnosed after a tumor can be felt or when other symptoms develop. In a few cases cancer is diagnosed incidentally as a result of evaluating or treating other medical conditions.

test tubes

Life After Cancer

Posted by scubasteve On 12:24 AM
Understanding Cancer Guide: Life After Cancer

Delores, cancer survivor: "Your last day of treatment is a day to celebrate! When treatment is over it can be difficult sometimes to get back to your normal pre-cancer life. The diagnosis of cancer dominates your life for so long, when treatment is over it takes a while to get back into your regular routine. I think I find my anniversary of being diagnosed a time of mixed emotions. You are thrilled to have made it another year of being cancer-free, yet you are also reminded of the anguish you went through."

When treatment ends, people begin a new chapter in their lives, one that can bring hope, happiness, and maybe fear. The fear of recurrence or relapse is common among cancer survivors and can sometimes be quite intense.

Delores, cancer survivor: "The most difficult thing for me as a survivor is having a 'history' Any aches or pains I have result in numerous tests. I am a runner and I was having pain in my hip. I went to the doctor and after a couple of appointments I had a bone scan followed by an MRI. I was very fortunate that it was not cancer and I just needed a new pair of shoes!"
Follow-up appointments with your doctor and anniversaries of your cancer diagnosis can bring mixed emotions.

Kay, cancer survivor: "I have regular follow-up tests to be sure that I'm cancer-free, which gives me peace of mind and understanding. Even though my dermatologist tells me that she would be comfortable checking me out every 6 months or even annually, she was also very agreeable to seeing me every 3 months at my request--for my own comfort level. I admit that for the first few years, every time my anniversary came around my anxiety level increased, mostly because I went through a battery of tests. To help me through this, I always had someone go with me to the tests. However, the anniversary of my diagnosis is not a special date to be recognized or feared any more. I feel fortunate to be a survivor of many years and I'm grateful for each morning I awake and am able to get out of bed."

Returning to everyday life
Although each person with cancer looks forward to getting back to normal life, the process can be challenging. Everyone deals with these challenges in their own way.
Kay, cancer survivor: "Getting back to the normal activities of life, especially playing sports, was the greatest therapy for me. When I was diagnosed, I just wanted to get the operation and treatment behind me so that I could get on with my life. Although I never dwell on my situation or the possible outcomes, the reality that this disease could come and take me at any time and I have to understand this. I can't keep myself from thinking these thoughts. Still, I do make a conscious effort to think positive, make plans for the future, make sure to have regular follow-up testing for early detection, eat a healthy diet, and get regular exercise."

Understanding relationships outside the family
Cancer can change the pattern of relationships outside the family as well as those within. Friends may not keep in touch for a variety of reasons. They may not know how to respond to a change in how you look or may avoid you so they don't have to think about the possibility of your death or be reminded that we all must die someday and understand this. Your cancer may also bring back memories of a loss or death they had in the past. Some people may shy away from you and not know how to talk to you. Still, the fact that your friends don't know how to talk to you right now doesn't lessen the hurt and frustration of being isolated or singled out. Some people may say things that sound insincere, trite, or hurtful. Remind yourself that they are probably trying their best. If you are open to talking about your experience with cancer, they may relax too.

If your career is an important part of your life, going back to work as soon as you are physically able is one way to return stability to your life. If treatment has made you unable to go back to your previous job, look into rehabilitation and retraining programs in your community. When you do go back to work you may find that your relationships with your co-workers have changed. You may feel "back to your old self," but they may not be as comfortable around you as they were before. Some may act like you didn't have cancer, and not talk about that part of your life. Or, they may see you look well and are able to function and underestimate the seriousness of what you've been through. Co-workers may be unsure of what to do or say or may try to protect your feelings.

1 Response to "Life After Cancer"

  1. I am from USA. I was suffering from HEPATITIS B for over 3 years, i was hopeless until one of my friend directed me to a herbal DR. Dr Chike on Youtube, she said the Dr has herbal medicine that treat HEPATITIS B also said the Dr has helped people with. HERPES, CANCER, DIABETES, HPV, HERPES, HSV 1 .2, Fever, Fibromyalgia, Fatigue and chronic pains. At first I never believed her but after a lot of talk. I decided to contact him, just few days ago i contacted him and he told me what to do which i did and he sent to me a herbal medicine via {DHL} with prescriptions on how i will take it for a period of days. After i finished taking the medicine for 2 weeks he told me to go for a test which i also did and when the result came out i was surprised to see that i am negative. I am proud to tell you that I am the happiest person on earth. Big thanks to Dr Chike herbs .. I pray you find a solution in him. For more information on how to get treated Contact Dr on, text/call via: +1 (719) 629 0982 WhatsApp . +233502715551, or Facebook page, @ Dr Chike Herbal Remedy.

     

Post a Comment